Why join our Sixth Form?
Click here to see why we think you should join us.
Sixth Form is a defining stage for every student, providing the opportunity to pave the way for your future and shaping the next stage of your life.
St George’s offers a personalised, stimulating and challenging Sixth Form experience which is designed to prepare you for the demands of the modern world and ensure your future success.
Why join us?
- Bespoke programmes of study with over 30 academic courses including 22 A Levels, 8 BTEC courses and the Extended Project Qualification.
- Small teaching groups and a dedicated form tutor to support individual target setting for academic and personal progress.
- A highly skilled and committed Sixth Form team with specialist teachers who are experts in their field and passionate about their subject.
- A trained pastoral team offering outstanding care and support.
An enriching experience with specific clubs, societies, student leadership opportunities tailored to the needs of each and every student.
Bespoke one-to-one careers and UCAS guidance: mock interviews, personal statement workshops and support, work experience, Oxbridge and Medicine talks.
The opportunity to join The Access Project, a charity aiming to increase the amount of state educated students accessing top universities. They offer free one-to-one tuition, trips, societies and support with the UCAS application process.
- Excellent communication network between home and school: regular newsletters, letters and emails; autumn target setting day and ‘up the ante’ evenings; spring parent evenings and a sixth form team that are always willing to meet or talk through issues and problems.
- A programme of intervention and extra tuition if students fall behind academically.
- Our purpose-built Sixth Form areas offers a library, two quiet study rooms, a common room with a kitchen, roof terrace, and specialist classrooms for drama, music (including a brand-new recording studio) and sport. There are computer suites and media facilities, with priority access to specific areas within the school
If you would like to find out more, book a tour or meet with our students and Head of Sixth Form, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the school office.